Friday, October 14, 2005

GOOD MORNING CAMPERS

I'm your Uncle Ernie and I'd oops! Sorry could not resist. Channeled Keith for a moment.
Thanks PTFan for the lovely comments, you have some great stuff on your Blog. It appears your heart is in the right place. Today I used my new teapot. Do you know how hard it was to find a teapot in Greenville Texas. Even WallyWorld (Walmart for you civilians) did not have one. Kettles abound, no pots. I found one in a little shop called Frosty's. Funny the lady who sold it to me thought everyone used them as a display piece. I explained that I brew tea in one. She was delighted. I was too. I think I will bake scones today. Big decision of which fruits to use. I hope to spend some studio time for myself today. It gets invaded this weekend and I have to be a Producer. I am so fortunate to love what I do to make a living. Fall is supposed to be here, but crapola it is going to be in the upper 80s here today. I love when seasons change. Got a shipment in of new guitar strings. Fifty sets. Time to get busy and have a reason to use those up. Still waiting on the acoustic and mandolin strings. I found out my son has been giving my phone number out along with my business card to some ladies. I guess he does not like me being single. I like it most of the time. If you have a partner, I hope that you realize that a relationship is an in work project that never gets finished. I have realized that after all these years. Look up Late Bloomer in a dictionary. My picture is there as an illustration. I wish all good health, a great today, and an even better tomorrow.

4 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger Bonfire Jones said...

Joseph, thank you for your kind words! Always happy to share info (John Vestman's site) with my fellow artists.

Good luck on your upcoming release. I have 2 works in progress that should be "ripe" in early '06.

Regards, Ed "Bonfire Jones

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Moonpie said...

Hi !
Thanks for your comment on my blog, the outtakes sound very funny. I noticed on your profile your a big fan of Joe Strummer so I thought I'd tell you about his favourite cider farm, I went there last year it's just outside of Glastonbury and apparantly he used to hang out here quite a lot. It's basically just a barn with a little room where you can go and sit and taste the cider, actually you can drink pretty much as much as you like of it for free but you don't mind buying it as it's only 4pounds for a ten litre carton! It is definately the strangest bar I've ever been to. You get served from big vats by a farmer with the biggest roundest reddest nose you've ever seen and there is a stream of cider running down the floor that has erroded a deep channel into the concrete, you have to wonder what you are drinking really but it's bloody nice, no artificial crap in it. Don't know wheither it's just the cider but the place does seem to have a really good atmostphere. We met people from all over the place there. Luckily I don't live near there as I could see by the farmers nose that it could be a very dangerous place to frequent.! If you're ever in England I would suggest it as a perfect place for a Joe Strummer pilgrimage. Glastonbury Tor is also an amazing place.

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger PTfan said...

Wow, that's a lot fo guitar strings!

A teapot in Texas, HA!

Great, now I guess I'll have to break out my Tommy CD today! Thanks! : )

You're funny and very sweet. That's good that you like what your son is doing. But you said "most of the time" What about the other times? What don't you liek about it?

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger JoeBoy said...

I like my solitude, but too much solitude is not good for me. The times that I don't like being single are usually the times when I feel that I would like to share more of myself. I am not a very open person. I am working on that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home