Monday, September 11, 2006

ON HOLIDAY BACK IN JUNE



Sharon, Danielle, and myself spent a week at the Texas Gulf Coast back in June. From then till now, we have both had to endure some serious medical things. Mine was 2 eye surgeries in 3 weeks. Sharon's was an auto accident that I still have no clue how she is still alive. She is very strong, but recovery and other issues have really zapped her. We have not spent much time together since all this has happened, but I still love her and she knows this. Right now with 9-11 and the death of the Croc Hunter Steve, I feel all my complaints are small. Here are some pics. I really look like I need a good facelift in this one. At 50, I don't find the Keith Richards look very becoming. I am just happy for what is in my life right now. I would have never guessed when the pictures were taken that all that was about to happen, did happen. Life is a funny thing, sometimes it is a sick joke.

3 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Blogger Gary said...

Joe, don't get a facelift, you don't need it. I was going to say what a great photo this was of you.

I'm with you. Why is America so hated in the world? As a people, we do ok, but as a country, not so much.

Yes, I'm hoping we get to see Mikey very soon. Could be that he's coming over when the tour starts, or for the Joes Pub event. I was reading on Foy's MySpace that he is flying over today to hang with them at Joes and to go to the Who show at Jones Beach.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Joe,
One of the things I like the most about you is that you never forget to count your blessings- you recognise that there is a lot to be grateful for, and this sets you apart from a lot of people.

I agree with Gary, the face looks just fine.

Gary, I think people need to learn to separate people from their governments. I don't believe that the world hates the American people, just that they don't like some of the actions of the government (past and present). I've been through your great land, and can say that the people I've met have been warm and friendly, but the hatred comes from fear and ignorance, and from official actions that have caused misery in many parts of the world. There is also jealousy, and envy. Not sure where a country goes from there. Perhaps if more Americans travelled and could see the results of foreign policies on the rest of the world, they'd demand better things from their leaders. Of course, it's not as simple as that, but it might be a start.

Joe, I hope Sharon is healing well and that you'll be able to have things return to normal soon. Health karma sent to you in big heaping amounts.

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Nabonidus said...

Dang it, I've been trying to get back here since yesterday! I'd posted about Steve but wasn't done...

Anyway, This stuff blew my mind. Clearly you and Sharon are being tested-challenged by the Universe ( or God, whatever guides this place). Sounds like you guys will be just fine. I've noticed that it's true, you are thankful even in the middle of the bad stuff. Maybe this stuff happens partly for that reason. A reminder.
Thank God Sharon is ok. And I'm worried for you posting/being on the computer with your eyes
recovering! Take it easy ! xoxoLisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home