Wednesday, July 19, 2006

50

Today I turn 50. Probably to the surprise of many that thought I would not make it through the 70s. Somehow I walked, ran, and fought my way here. Last night I was thinking about an old band mate named Paul Buchanan. Paul had given me the push to become a writer and I will always be in his debt. A few months ago, I tried to locate Paul. I even got an address, but no luck. The thought came to me last night that maybe Paul was no longer with us. I accepted this and recalled once when Paul was being arrested at an intermission at one of our gigs. I almost had the police convinced to release him to me when Paul ask for a light. A cop tried to give Paul a cig and Paul yelled "No you dumbass, I want to set myself ablaze." Paul spent the night in Jail and the gig ended right there. Another old friend Norris Harrington should be back in Texas by now. It has been a long time since I last saw him. Norris and I used to hitchhike around Texas for fun. It was dangerous, but that made it better. We were like sidekicks. Well after last weeks third surgery on my right eye, I truly am bionic. One more surgery in August and I will be certified. I guess Sharon is right. There really is a pony in that pile of horse shit. I must keep digging.

6 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy birthday Joe. My all time role model is Townshend. Let's jam!

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Hi Joe,
thanks for popping by to say hello. Happy birthday, my dear. 50 looks very good on you, and there are many more to come, I hope.

Cheers,
AM

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, is there somewhere I could listen to some of your tunes??

Lemme know!
Lionel

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

Happy belated Birthday! How is my Cabana Boy and his Dad? Hope well. I am headed to Dallas right after (or before) Rachel Fullers Attic Jam in Sept/NYC (that is IF I can get on the list :) ). Would love to meet up.

X-Molly

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Koos F said...

Hi Joe, missed your birthday, but my belated but sincere congratulations anyway!
All my best wishes for a good healing of your eye.

 
At 4:49 AM, Blogger PTfan said...

Bionic man, eh? Cool!

Oh and by the way, I have never seen the horse shit you speak of. I've always seen teh pony.

happy 50! IT seems like it will be with Sharon by your side!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home