Thursday, March 16, 2006

DWIGHT at Billy Bobs Texas


I had not seen Dwight Yoakam play live since 1995. I am addicted to his old band leader and guitarist Pete Anderson's playing. I admit it. I had mixed feelings about the show last Saturday night because Dwight now has a stripped down 5 piece with Keith Gattis playing guitar. Keith is very good in his own right, but no where near Pete Anderson. As usual Dwight hit the stage at 10:30, the posted time for the show to begin. He is always on time as he is respectful to his audience and fans. He left the stage after about 3 hours of playing everything worth listening to from his first release up to his latest "Blame the Vain" CD. I thought the walls and ceiling were going to fall in. People were screaming and clapping him back out for an encore. He played 2 more songs ending the show with Intentional Heartache. A white trash love gone bad song that is just too fucking cool. So I have to admit that I am really addicted to Mr. Anderson and Mr Yoakam's playing. It is kind of in another spectrum of music that I play. There is a little Honky Tonk in all musicians. Yes even Pete Townshend has a little Honky Tonkin in him. Sharon was really impressed by the show. My name is Joseph and I am a guitar addict. Hi Joseph!!!!

5 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Hi Joe,
That's a great review. I would think that musicians watch concerts a little bit differently than regular fans, if only because they can imagine some of the possibilities with what they're seeing. Glad you had a great time. 3hours! I wish Queen had been 3 hours last night, but it came close at 2 and a half. I posted my review on my blog.

Cheers,
AM

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Claire Eliza said...

Great review!
I am so excited because I'm seeing Bobby Dylan on April 20th! Wow, this is going to be amazing.
Hope to hear from you soon.
- claire -

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Gary said...

Sounds like a fun night. Thanks for listening to the song. My ears are bad.. I just figured out there were a couple of incorrect chords played on piano, must have had the music up too loud and shot my ears yesterday.. Hopefully I was able to fix it good enough, or my mind is playing tricks on my. Sounds correct when I play it on guitar, but my mind imagines different chords when I hear the mix.. oh lord.. I think I should watch Pete and Rachel's DVD and call it a day.

Sorry to hear about the fires, that's lousy, an unbelievable amount of ground to burn.

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Marietta Zervou said...

Hi Joe,

I haven't been around for some time, I apologise...
Would you like to join the chat tomorrow? Same BG place, same ITA time, LOL!

Hope you're well. Say hello to Sharon!
xoxoxo
M

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Bri said...

Hi JoeBoy,

I'm thrilled to read that you went to see Dwight. I too am a Dwight addict, and a Pete Anderson addict as well, though I've listened to them much less often lately.

Dwight and Pete live is one awesome show. I'm sorry he doesn't have Pete in this tour. What's up with that?

I am one of those women who melt, swoon, and otherwise fall apart when Dwight is in the building. He's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sexy.

Glad you enjoyed the show!
Hugs, Brina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home