Thursday, April 06, 2006

My Dream Last Night


I had the greatest dream last night. In the dream someone knocked on the upstairs door at the studio. I opened it to find Keith Moon standing there with a big grin. "Didn't expect me did ya" he said, and walked right in. He sat down at my kit and wanted to jam. Before I could say a word he said " Don't worry about your arm mate. This is a dream. Lets go" So I did and we played this long improvised bombastic jam. It was brilliant. When we stopped, I ask him if he wanted anything. Maybe a drink. He looked at me really sad and said " If I can find what I am looking for, I will let you know. He got up and walked out. That was it. It was a dream, but even now hours later it seemed so real. Maybe a blessing. I was mad when he died. That I never got to meet him. Got to play music with him. Was this dream a God thing maybe, or a Moon thing?

8 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Hey Joe,
It sounds like you met him last night. Cool dream, and typical Keith humour.

Cheers,
AM

 
At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bloody crazy mate

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Nabonidus said...

Dreams like this, I just dunno. They feel so real. I almost think they are real. Certain kinds. I had a disturbing Kurt Cobaine dream once that I was convinced was real somehow. We'll never know. it was of a more realistic nature like this. I even said "You're dead."
he said "It's cold, being dead.I'm so cold all the time." It was like he regretted what he did, and he said so in the dream. He wanted to be back.
Eeeek.
Anyway, this sounded like a much more awesome dream. Hope you got closure out of it, I know that's a psychobabble term but damn, it's a fitting one sometimes. xoxoLisa

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Gary said...

Wow, loved the way you described it. He was something. I as real sad when he died and I love to hear Pete telling stories about him. The Live at the Isle of Wight dvd has a touching piece of footage at the end with Kieth in a clown mask, drinking a glass of something, it has no sound, but freezes when he tips the glass back.

Hope the arm is getting better. Am enjoying the mandolin, quite an interesting instrument to just mess about on.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Claire Eliza said...

Wow, sounds like this dream really did mean something.
I have had ONE dream that I can remember still very well that had meaning to me. It was in my house. John, Keith and Pete were in it but Roger wasn't. It was so great to feel like it was a real life moment - like I really did hang out with them.
Maybe you'll find out what it means...I think it's a Moon thing. He might've been trying to tell you something.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Meg said...

I always kind of got that feeling from Keith, he was searching for something but with no idea where to go or how to find a map. I definitely think there is a message in there for you. You will figure it out.

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Amanda and SuperAmanda™ said...

There's no dream like a Keith Moon dream. Great tunes!
Best wishes,
Amanda

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Weird, I had a dream the other night that Pete tossed a Sunburst LP because it was out of tune and I got it. Then it turned into an SG and he came up and showed me some other guitar...but I got to keep the LP!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home