Thursday, April 27, 2006

The End of April and a Concern

This month is gone and the weather is getting great here. I have become concerned that some of my BLOG friends are changing their habits due to a few Fuck Heads that have tried to make weapons or darts out of their comments to a post. I always wonder why Rachel is so sensitive to this, and mentions it on her BLOG and on her show. To me this only gives a legitimate shade to this type of behavior. Now I see others falling into changing their BLOG habits also. You all have been so kind to me, and now I feel I must help defend you in some way. I feel the way is to not change, and not to even give comment to the minority of Fuck Heads that do these crap comments. If they get no reaction, they will tire and move on to some other mundane activity that helps them feel better about themselves. Maybe there is hope for this type. There is always hope.

4 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Hi Joe,
Good to hear that the weather is geting nice in your area. Here too, the sun shines, the sky is blue, and the temps are climbing ever upward.

I tend to agree with you that it's best not to feed the trolls, and they'll go look for food elsewhere. I've been very fortunate to encounter positive folks and nice, new friends in blogland. The only negative experience I've had actually carried from real life over onto another's blog, but not at my urging, and has since been resolved in a neutral manner. I prefer to think that if I have negative opinions about anything, silence speaks at a greater and kinder volume than hurting people needlessly. We are all human beings, after all, and it costs so little to be mindful of that.

Good post, my dear. I hope people follow your advice.

Cheers,
AM

 
At 4:03 AM, Blogger Marietta Zervou said...

Hi Joe,
Why do people do this? Are they the same people that were bullies at school and they are now torturous managers? Or are they lonely souls that seek attention and want to be loved? Or just F**k Heads as you call them that have way too much time and nothing important in their lives? Whatever the reason they are not welcome to our camp.

And like spam email we should block them and bounce them back!

Take care,
xoxoxo
M

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger greekzoe said...

Hi Joe!

I hate trolls. My philosophy has always been to ignore them. They aren't worth the time. But I know that the first instinct is to reply, but then I wait and think, forget it, it's not worth it. So I won't say a word. :)

Take care! ITA tomorrow!

Zoe

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger PTfan said...

Trolls seem to be instigators that can bring out th eworst in people. I think they get great pleasure in pressing people's buttons and getting a reaction. I refuse to let them manipulate me in such a manner. I ignore them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home