Thursday, August 17, 2006

Sharon Update Plus

After 2 days in ICU and few more in a hospital room, Sharon went home. A cast on her left hand, a few broken ribs, a twisted knee, a hip injury, and a bunch of bruises. She is getting back to a normal routine. Time and rest are her best buddy now. My eye surgery went well and I now have 20 20 vision in my left eye. I hope to get back to work in my studio. It has done nothing but gather dust for some time now. Maybe the blockage that has kept me from climbing those stairs is gone. Time will tell. I miss the old days of ITA. I have not really liked the on the road thing. The old ITA had more music it seemed. I can always listen to Pete's stories. Maybe it comes down to I am more interested in The WHO. All is good here. Ben Kweller's new CD drops in September. He plays and sings everything on it. A young songwriter that has stood his ground since he was signed at 16 in his first band Radish. Best wishes to you all. Happy End of Summer.

3 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger Gary said...

Hi Joe,
I think you and lzygrl are right on the Kate Hudson and Chris Robinson thing. It's too easy for a lot of these unions to just end because folks can't take the bumps. What's too bad in all this is there are usually children involved, children who go through life with more than one father figure, or maybe none at all.

I saw Chris Robinson once. I was in Atlanta doing a tradeshow and went into a woolworth's. In he walked, looking very disheveled, bare feet that were black from the muck, he looked homeless and on something. I'm 99% sure it was him.

Am a bit bored of the blogging. Am a bit bored in general.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Hi Joe,
Thanks for the update- good to read that Sharon will make a recovery, albeit slow and steady.

Congrats on getting the eyes fixed. Maybe ITA will find its legs once again over here; I missed most of the Euro shows so it's such a distant memory for me.

Happy end of summer to you.

Cheers,
AM

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger grace said...

Hi Joe, I am so glad to hear Sharon is alright. I have had 2 accidents on country roads in the last 7 months, basically people driving on the my side of the road. I have been fortunate too, that myself and my dogs made it out ok. Sending prayers and good thoughts your way

 

Post a Comment

<< Home